The main points are:
- We should seriously consider landing pages for specific groups of users e.g Academic staff, post grad researchers, undergrads etc
- Grouping pages on organisational lines is fraught with error
- The language used in link labeling can discourage parts of the audience from clicking
- Assignment and Study seem to be the best words to substitute for what librarians would call 'Information Literacy'
- Terminology is still an issue e.g. isn't a 'Reference Work' something you use to help you format your references?
I was struck too by the quantity of services we are providing and that many had no real relevance to the 'sortees', so I found myself explaining what ERA was. Will have to broaden my volunteer-catching net.
I'd like to do another round of card sorting to see if the patterns I see emerging are real or mere coincidence.